Friday, April 20, 2012

Experience




By: Fateh KASSAB

The first time I went to school was when I was six. No one accompanied me. I had to go alone because my mother said
"You are a man and do not need anyone with you".
When I arrived to school I got confused. I saw many parents with their kids. Some of the kids were crying, others were silent but holding their parents' hands. I did nothing. I just stood there looking at the people. But an hour later, I started wondering
"Why didn’t mum come with me? Why are some kids crying? Why do others look scared?"
 I felt scared. Then a taller kid came and started shouting at me. I looked around. No one was there for me. What should I do? The only thing that came to my mind was to hit the kid hard. I did it. I hit him hard. I used my hands and legs to do that. He didn't respond. Suddenly, he started crying aloud. Then ran away and went to the teacher.
My teacher was very nice; he didn't hit me.
"Why did you hit him?" he said quietly.
I said nothing. He led me to my desk and seated me next to that kid and said
"I want you both to be good friends." Then turned to me and added
"Don't use your fist. Use your head and things will be alright."

10/04/2012





No comments:

Post a Comment